First, please accept personal thanks for the 350,000 visits to my website. Hopefully, most of you support my Republican conservative philosophy and want to get America back on the path the Founding Fathers intended when they formed our country and established The Constitution. I urge all you to get out and vote in the November elections in 2014 and 2016. Please encourage your relatives and friends to do likewise. I believe a big Republican voter turnout is crucial to the future of our exceptional country.
In previous articles I have supported Republican policies and criticized the socialist (liberal) policies of President Obama and the majority of Congressional Democrats. Fortunately, even some Democrats are beginning to realize the fallacies of those policies supported by Obama and the Democrat’s leadership. If we want to stop the cultural, economic, political, national defense, and international foreign policy decline in America, we must vote intelligently in November of 2014 and 2016. This is the only practical way to correct the disastrous policies of Obama, his Administration, and his liberal colleagues. We must retain a majority in the House and capture the Senate in 2014 and, equally importantly, retain these majorities AND elect a Republican President in 2016.
My 50 previous articles have described my reasons for this in detail and do not need to be repeated here. However, a brief review of the current governments’ major failures may be helpful. First, I genuinely believe that Obama has been the worst President in my lifetime. Obama was ill equipped and inexperienced when he was elected in 2008 and appears to have learned little during his presidency. In my opinion, the results of his lack of leadership and ability have been staggering, are detrimental to our nation, and endanger our future. He shows no signs of improvement. With the support of Democrats in Congress, especially the Senate, he has:
- Divided our country racially and economically.
- Fostered a massive increase in welfare dependency.
- Increased our National Debt from $10 trillion to $17 trillion.
- Undermined our influence with both friendly and hostile countries abroad and contributed to the current unrest in the Middle East, Northern Africa, and Ukraine.
- Been the most anti-business President in the last century – perhaps ever.
- Shut down the NASA space shuttle program making us dependent on Russia for access to the International Space Station and creating the loss of approximately 20,000 direct and indirect jobs in Florida.
- Continued to reduce the size of our military defenses at a time when significant conflicts throughout the world and threats to American security are increasing.
- Supervised the least transparent Administration since WWII.
- Refused to seriously consider the single biggest hope for the economic and fiscal future of our country by ignoring the tax and federal budget reform recommendations of the Bowles-Simpson Report.
- Fostered an administration that avoids critical decisions and refuses to exercise leadership or take responsibility regarding major crises, many created by his own Administration (Fast & Furious, IRS abuse, Benghazi attack, Keystone Oil Pipeline, Veterans Administration, etc.). His usual pattern is to express outrage, promise to deal with the issue, and then ignore or block any progress towards resolution.
- Significantly increased government regulations (Dodd-Frank, Obamacare, and the EPA),
- Overseen the weakest economic recovery in over 50 years.
- Undermined the best healthcare system in the world, which successfully covered approximately 85% of the people, and is replacing it with the more complicated, more expensive Obamacare with less coverage and limited availability to doctors and hospitals.
- Failed to protect our border with Mexico or work with Congress to resolve the problem of illegal immigration.
- Been an “absentee” President when domestic or international problems occur and leadership is essential. His priorities seem to be vacations, golf, and speaking at fundraisers.
The recent polls in early August show the following opinions of the American people:
- 71% believe America is on the wrong track, 22% believe American is on the right track.
- 54% Disapprove of Obama’s performance, 40% Approve.
- 60% Disapprove of Obama’s Foreign Policy, 38% Approve.
- 53% Disapprove of Obamacare, 37% Approve.
Electing Obama once, let only twice, may turn out to be the worst election result in American history. Fortunately, he cannot constitutionally serve beyond 2016. If we want to save our country and foster economic growth and prosperity for our children, we must elect representatives who support and believe in our Constitution, individual freedoms, free markets, sound fiscal and monetary policy, economic growth, and limited government. It is time for we, the American people, to stand up and vote for representatives who care more about our country than they do about themselves.
Get out and vote in 2014 and 2016! The future of our country depends on you!
The Old Guy PhD
Comments are closed.